Friday, August 31, 2007

YouTube Comment Haikus

Discovering these, the most obtuse and useless form of found art imaginable, are enough to drive a man mad. YouTube comments are perhaps the lowest form of human communication, and the more of them you read the closer you are to going into a grocery store one day and walloping on people with a ball peen hammer at random.

Anyway, having said that, I now present YouTube Comment Haikus for one of today's featured videos, Jimi Hendrix on Fire (summary: man makes portrait of Jimi Hendrix out of matchsticks, then lights it on fire).

Via user Knobbsy, a teenage metal fan from the United Kingdom:

seems a shame to make
summit like that only to
burn it was great though!!


From madmonk66, a 40-year-old music afficionado (tastes veering from Venom to Soft Cell):

Wow. Is that Jimi's
schlong on fire? What is this -
Mississippi? LOL

(note: "LOL," of course, counts as one syllable ("lole") rather than three ("ell oh ell"). I made up the artform; I make up the rules)

There are probably more buried in here, but I'm slowly losing my mind looking for more so I'll stop at two for today.